Printable Version of This Page CLICK HERE
- Always avoid slouching.
- Use a lumbar backrest for postural support when needed.
- Only use a backrest that is comfortable, and / or recommended by your health care provider.
- Take periodic breaks from sitting. Stand, and take a short walk whenever possible.
- Stretch, and exercise as recommended by your health care provider.
- Feet should contact the floor completely when sitting.
- Use an adjustable footrest if feet dangle.
- You should have 2-3 inches of clearance between the back of your knees, and the front edge of the seat. A chair that is too deep reduces lumbar support, can contribute to slouching, and could lead to pain.